Mary Lou Smith, JD, MBA
Prior to co-founding RAN, Mary Lou was the director of patient, payer and government relations for the Coalition of National Cancer Cooperative Groups. She currently serves as co-chair of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group's Cancer Research Advocacy Committee. She also serves on the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Advisors, the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Board of Directors and the Board of Directors for Gateway for Cancer Research. Her other credentials include:
- Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization, past president
- RUSH University Medical Center Institutional Review Board, member
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium, Co-chair Patient Advocate Working Group
- Mayo Medical Center Breast SPORE, advocate member
- Cancer Leadership Council, member
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network, member of multiple committees
- National Breast Cancer Coalition, board member.
Mary Lou has worked for more than 25 years in health care. Her experience includes leading the development of managed care products for the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, including a centers of excellence network for pediatric oncology. Mary Lou is a two time breast cancer survivor and an ovarian cancer survivor. She earned a Juris Doctorate with a Health Law Certification and a Master’s degree in Business Administration.